Sunday, August 15, 2010

Island Park and Yellowstone

We just got back from Island Park and Yellowstone tonight and I'm already blogging about it. This is some kind of record for me, I just know it. We went with my family and stayed at a cabin up at Pond's Lodge. The mountain air sure was nice! It was a ton colder up there than it was down here. I think the temps peaked at about 65, but it was down to about 48 during the day on Friday because it was rainy most the day. Unfortunately that was the day we were supposed to float down the (Snake, maybe?) river, so we had to cancel the river and we went into West Yellowstone and went to the museum and the Wolf and Bear Encounter. Then on Saturday we headed into Yellowstone and got a nice surprise- it was a free weekend! That saved my family $100 with the large convoy that we had. But it also made for a very crowded Yellowstone! Oh well, I would love Yellowstone in any condition! It was Jack's first time seeing geysers and waterfalls and buffalo and all the many other wonders of Yellowstone, and do you think he loved it?!? Nah, he was pretty neutral. What he did love was the fudgesicle at the general store. And I don't blame him. I admit I had two myself. Consecutively. You would too, they are that amazing. In 2005, Jason came with my parents and me on a Yellowstone trip and we took a picture outside of the store with our fudgesicles, so we thought it would be a fun tradition to take the same picture in the same spot everytime we go back, and just add in any new kids that there might be. Here is our 2005 and 2010. Jason says we look a lot older now. And I say that one of us looked a lot skinnier. I won't name any names.
2005

2010


Two of my cute nieces.


I sure love spending time with my family. I feel like I never get to see my sister and her family so everytime I do is a treat! Love you guys!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh! That is a record! Just seems like a couple hours ago we were talking at my parents and now your home and already blogging! Good girl! You can be like me and blog 6 times in one day now! haha! Looks like you guys had so much fun!! Awesome pictures and if you got any skinner, you would blow away!! You look great in 05 and 10!! Love you guys! So fun to future talk tonight!

Thompson Family said...

I love Island Park and Yellowstone! Sounds like a fun vacation! We need to get together again sometime soon. :)

Monica said...

Those pictures are amazing! I swear it wasn't that pretty when we went two months ago...but maybe I was just distracted by Lily :) Were you seriously that close to that elk? Impressive!