Tuesday, September 9, 2008

fire station excitement

the last two shifts have been pretty slow, even for station 10. today started with some excitement, a small (very small) fire at a local high school. it was a full alarm so 3 fire engines, a fire truck, the battalion chief, and me in my utility (water boy) truck. when i got out and walked over to meet my crew i was greeted by a group of high school students asking "hey, who ordered a stripper?" kids are so clever. i told them to stay in school and say no to drugs. other than that, i spent my day reading my text books and examining the fire stations sprinkler system. in the afternoon the my captain brought us out to practice throwing ladders up onto a building which was really a trick to get me to wash the windows. so not only did i sharpen my skills our windows look great now. so i will probably head to bed now, so i can get some sleep before the next elderly person falls out of bed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see you blogging! I had a lovely evening with your wife today! She's a cutie!

Hopefully you get some excitement in your station soon! Maybe you should take up cross stitching!

Jamie said...

glad to hear you guys are still alive! can't wait to find out what you guys are having! :)

Ryan said...

That is awesome! I am glad that you reinforced schooling and "saying no to drugs" to the high school kids. As for work in general, we hope that things will speed up for you, well kind of I guess. I guess that would mean more fires and stuff like that but if that is what is needed to happen to get some experience and get you from doing water duty--bring it on.

Megan said...

Dear Jason and Lindsay abd Daisy,

I love your blog. It makes me smile. And then I really miss you.

Your Long Lost Friend,
Megan

PEASE said...

Hey guys,
Kris just wanted me to let you know that he was very concerned about your underwear problem, so he suggests baby powder. (It seems to work well for McCoy.) Well I am glad that you are blogging, hope to see you soon. PS congrats on your little bun in the oven. Can't wait to meet the little critter.

Dibble's said...

Yeah for telling kids to say no to drugs. And hooray for some "safe" excitement in the fire world! I miss Lindsay...I don't know if she checks these so if not, will you tell her for me? :)