Thursday, November 20, 2008

fire house station tours

things have been slow around the ol fire house lately. the most action i've had has been when i put on all my fire clothes to power wash all the showers in the station (i got soaked, which is why i wore my fire clothes. imagine washing your shower out with a fire hose). today was we gave a tour, which we commonly do, to an 18 year old boy with down syndrome and his grandpa. it was by far my favorite tour we'd done yet. this boy was so excited to see the fire truck, and his face lit right up when we let him get in. he honked the horn (not so bad inside the fire engine, deafening standing next to it) and turned on the lights and he sprayed some water from the hose. his grandpa said he'd never seen him so happy and excited. his grandpa was really funny to, so we all had a great time.

5 comments:

Ryan said...

That sounds like another perk of the job. I remember my first tour of a fire house in washington--it was cool. Although, the only thing I remember is that they had this remote control fire hydrant that chased and scared the station's dog. It was funny. Next time I come to Utah--can I get a tour? We can do a trade (eye exam for a tour).

Thompson Family said...

You cleaned the showers with the fire hose! and in your uniform! too funny:) I bet they were clean:)

Thompson Family said...

P.S. the picture of Linds's belly is soooo cute! And still so small! My 5-months-postpartum belly looks bigger than your 5 months prego belly:)

PEASE said...

I love the story Jason, that is so sweet it made me cry. That is so sweet that you can bring so much joy to a little boy. What a fun part to a very hard job! Hope you Lindsey and baby are doing good.

Monica said...

Your job is exciting and it helps you feel good! That is awesome. Make sure you remind me to make snickerdoodles so I don't forget!