Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Beautiful Oregon Coast!

Just before Thanksgiving Jason and I took a little vacation to see the Oregon coast. Neither of us had ever been there before, but we'd heard great things so it seemed like it would be a nice getaway! Well I know it was a while ago now, but I couldn't pass up posting these pictures because it's just so beautiful there! I would definitely go back again. Maybe a summer home...

Until recently I didn't know the difference between seals and sea lions. Apparently these are seals, and they're much cuter than sea lions.
These are sea lions. Kinda blobby. Still cool.




These are at the aquarium where you can walk through tunnels in the tanks, it was way cool!

The fish could even swim below you!

This shark swam right over our heads - hence the weird angle.

This was the first lighthouse in Oregon. It's supposedly haunted....

This lighthouse replaced the first one a few years later. We got to go up inside this one.



Lighthouse #3


This was a lightkeepers house, now its a bed and breakfast. I asked Jason if he would buy it for me and he said yes so I'm sure he'll surprise me with it any day now.

The world's largest sea cave. Sounds a little cooler than it was. It was supposed to be full of sea lions but they were all out in the ocean that day.

9 comments:

Cindy said...

I want to go to Oregon now! I especially would love to see the Haunted lighthouse. When Jason buys you the Bed and Breakfast, we'll come stay.

Rach said...

Hey! I'm so glad I found your blog through Becca's. I am excited to see you loved the Oregon coast. I am from Oregon (if you don't remember) and it's one of my very favorite places. :-)

Jamie said...

oh wow, what beautiful pics! makes me want to visit there! can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks when we get to utah...we have some catching up to do!

Thompson Family said...

What fun pictures! They look great! It sounds like you guys had a fun time. Your little bump looks so cute!

Anonymous said...

I love these pictures! Looks like you two, well three, had so much fun!!! Very beautiful and I'm with Cindy.. I want to go to the haunted lighthouse!

Megan said...

great pictures. i feel like i have been there now that i have seen your pictures. cute belly lindsay. any names yet?

Tom and Jessica Steelman said...

I'm glad you guys had fun. You totally lucked out on the weather! All we ever got was rain and more rain, but Oregon actually looks pretty now that I see your pictures! Maybe I *will* go back again. Ha ha!

Monica said...

Those are amazing pictures! Looks like a good trip! Gavin and I want to go up to Washington or Oregon sometime. Hopefully we'll go next summer.

Dibble's said...

I really want to go to Oregon now too! I've never even though of going there, looks like you guys had such a blast!

PS I STILL haven't finished my stinking quiet book!